Opportunity Knocks – An Artist’s Networking Event
Friday, November 7th 9:00am to 4:00pm @ Musica
I am opening up my “little black book” to introduce you to the people that have helped me become a successful Entrepreneur/Artist with an international audience.
You can meet them in person, pick their brains, and come to know PERSONALLY the people who are making arts in our region THEIR priority!
If you are ready to MAKE YOUR ART CAREER actually work, if you are ready to take your art business to the next level, you need to come to this event! YOU will have a day full of information, and networking that can take your art business to the places you have never imagined it could go. Whether you are involved in an arts organization, a not for profit, or you are an individual artist looking for a better understanding, or if it is simply time to “jump-start” your life, this event is guaranteed to help you. Be sure to bring your business cards to this event!
You will get to talk to and share ideas with:
Tony Troppe – Local business owner, gallery owner, and developer
Suzie Graham – Director of Arts and Children’s activities for the City of Akron
Alex Nicholis – Curator of the Massillon Museum
Gary Lockwood – Co-Creator of Standing Rock Cultural Center, and consultant for the Ohio Arts Counsel
todd v – Artist and Director for City Art Project, Inc.
and… Maybe even a couple more surprise guests!!
Reserve your seats now! Tickets to this event are only $45.00 in advance and you can purchase them online now at http://www.cityartproject.org
– Seating is limited! We want to keep this as a smaller intimate group for better discussion!
Each of our guest speakers will present information on their area of expertise – information that will equip you for a quantum leap in your art endeavors. Here is what you will learn about:
• The opportunities for artists to work with local business owners and developers. Find out who might be looking to offer commission work, or installations in Akron and the surrounding areas.
• Find out about all the cool opportunities to work with the City of Akron, and how to create proposals that the city will actually consider!
• Find out how to approach galleries, and museums for shows and representation!
• Find out how to write a grant that someone will actually read, and that gets money! Get a template that you can use to write your own grants!
• Find out how to use the internet to grow your art career. Create press kit that will get attention!
• Finally, we will discuss true collaboration – the key to our collective success!
After each presentation we will open the floor to discussion, giving you a unique opportunity for give and take with an expert answering your specific needs, an open dialog to expand or explain how to get the most out of your efforts.
To wrap the meeting up we will come together for an open discussion on collaboration brainstorming how we can all work together to further develop Akron as an arts and cultural destination. This will include an open cash bar to allow for further networking and group discussions. It’s the arts networking event that becomes a party!
Coffee and water will be provided. Additionally we will have a prepared lunch from Crave!
NO MORE EXCUSES. NO MORE COMPLAINTS. JUST MAKE THE COMMITMENT TO YOURSELF – AND YOUR CREATIVE FUTURE. ATTEND THE Opportunity Knocks EVENT! I am CERTAIN that you will be better prepared to make the most of your art career.
Additionally, each attendee will get a coupon to order a FREE DVD from one of the presentations at the event! (all the others will also be available at a discount for attendees!) . These will be available soon after the event.
Reserve your seats now! Seating is limited!
For more information or directions to the event please call 330.671.3792 – Please forward this information on to the artists you know